Agreement for ROCIP Name Search service
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes
only. The information is provided by ROCIP and while we endeavour to keep the
information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of
any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability,
suitability or availability with respect to the ROCIP Name Search service or the information
contained on the service for any purpose. The availability or non availability
of a name does not guarantee automatic approaval of the name upon application
for name reservation.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without
limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever arising from the
use of this service.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, ROCIP
takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the service being
temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Terms and Conditions
- You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or
errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to
the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The content of the pages of this service is for your general information and use
only. It is subject to change without notice.
- It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any information available
through this service meet your specific requirements.
- This service contains information which is owned by or licensed to us.
Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice,
which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this service may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be
a criminal offence.
- Your use of this service and any dispute arising out of such use of the service
is subject to the laws of Botswana.
This service and its content is copyright of ROCIP - © 2012. All rights reserved.
|Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you aknowledge the service as the source of the material
|The Registrar is mandated to examine names and the following conditions may lead the Registrar not to give the name;
- the use of which would contravene the Banking Act (For example, the word money and its derivatives such as bank, capital, financial) or any other enactment;
- that is identical or almost identical to, the name of a registered company, or to a name registered under the Registration of Business Names Act;
- that is identical or almost identical to a name that the Registrar has already reserved;
- that is identical or almost identical to an applied or registered trademark
- that, in the opinion of the Registrar, is calculated to mislead the public or cause offence to a person or is suggestive of blasphemy or indecency.
- Names identical or almost identical to well known or famous personalities
- Names identical or almost identical to countries,states,districts ,provinces,regional bodies.
- Names which consists of both names and surnames of individuals.
Other names that shall not be registered except with the Ministers consent are
those that include the following: (Section 33)
Regional or State
Any other word, which in the Registrar’s opinion suggests, or is likely to
suggest, that it enjoys the patronage of the Government or of a statutory
corporation, state or of a department of any such Government or of the General
Assembly of the United Nations. Section 33 (c). ; including but not limited to,
i.e. Botswana, Africa.